Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I have been so fortunate lately as I try out Valentia Skin Care’s Vitamin C Serum, called Even Glow Serum, for this review, I love to fight aging with vitamin C serum. As I’ve continued testing out Vitamin C Serums, I decided it was time, as a Former Cosmetologist, about the benefits and how to fight aging with Vitamin C Serum. Here I have tried to make the facts about Vitamin C Serums and the benefits you can expect, the strength of the serums and review my newest test subject from Valentia Skin Care.
In all my tests of Vitamin C Serums for the skin I have never seen such a golden beauty as this product, nor have I smelled such a lovely orange scent! And this product being 20 percent, is pure perfection in it’s dosage for the skin (for Vitamin C skincare products to be effective the percentage must be at least 10%).
Valentia’s Vitamin C Serum is 98% Natural, 75% Organic and MADE IN USA and Made for ALL SKIN TYPES!
What are the supporting ingredients in Valentia’s Vitamin C Serum? Here are some Quotes from Valentia:
Vitamin C: With a 20% concentration does more than boost the body’s immune system; it also provides many benefits to keep the skin tight, smooth and looking ageless. Vitamin C has been scientifically proven to reduces the effects of sun exposure on the skin, including sunburn, sun spots, redness and wrinkles.
In addition to helping reduce the signs of aging, Vitamin C is essential for everyday maintenance to strengthen and smooth out the skin, as well as neutralizing free radicals before they can damage the skin.
***Our additional Key Ingredients below were all selected for their ability to enhance and support Vitamin C’s effect on the skin.
Organic Rosehip Seed Oil & Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil – These oils promote skin hydration and lock in moisture to protect your skin from signs of aging and improve its beauty and youthfulness. Rosehip Oil specifically has been used in medical communities around the world for those with serious skin ailments and only recently has North America learned to embrace natural solutions from our ancestors. These two organic oils are full of antioxidants and therefore act as the perfect supporting cast for our best friend – Vitamin C
Resistem (Plant Stem Cells) – This provides the perfect mix of protection from stress-related aging and promotes skin detoxification. Resistem will help your skin regenerate faster while protecting it from environmental stressors.
Hyaluronic Acid (Botanical) – Holding up to 1000 times its weight in water and drawing moisture out of the environment and onto the surface of your skin ,there is not a more effective moisturizing agent on the market today. Penetrates deeply, and actives collagen production for a fresher, younger, firmer, and brighter complexion
Green Tea Extact– The catechins in green tea are a potent antioxidant which also contribute to the overall anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant benefits of this ancient health and beauty secret.
I love the stabilized Vitamin C Serums in the dropper bottles like this, using the dropper you can easily control the amount applied to the skin. And being the Vitamin C Serum from Valentia Skin Care is at 20% you know it’s going to help the collagen in your skin by not only supporting it but helping to build it.
As we age, our Collagen in the skin weaken and it takes a formula of 10% or higher to support and increase your collagen production, which helps with Anti-Aging skincare regime.
Vitamin C not only supports the Collagen, but it helps brighten up the skin as it helps get rid of that nasty ol’ skin discolorations (call them what you may, liver spots, age spots, sun spots etc). Vitamin C is a great antioxidant. With Vitamin C you can expect to see tightening, smoothing and softening of your fine lines and wrinkles. AND Vitamin C helps your skin better absorb your moisturizers. This is why Vitamin C is known as one of the BEST Anti-Aging products out there.
How to use this Vitamin C serum:
Be careful not to let your Vitamin C Serum be exposed to Sunlight or Air as even in a stabilized formula, like Valentia’s Vitamin C, there are vulnerabilities. Here are the cautions you should take to treat the product well:
- When using the eye dropper, don’t squeeze the bulb while in the bottle, as this will add air to the product. Instead squeeze the bulb then place in the bottle to suck up the product.
- As always with anything that is applied to the skin, try not to touch the product, nor the applicator (in this case the eyedropper) to you skin. This will help keep the product pure and no worries of contamination
- Keep this bottle closed tightly and close it as soon as you can, this will help to further prevent air exposure.
- Keep the bottle out of sunlight, direct or indirect… instead keep it in a cool, dark place.
Using the Vitamin C Serum on your Skin:
- Wash your face and leave the skin damp
- Valentia recommends you shake the bottle, I recommend (to avoid incorporating too much air) that you treat the bottle gently to mix the product. And just like us Cosmetologists and Manicurists were taught, place the bottle between your palms and roll for a minute or two. If you are in a hurry and the gentle technique for mixing is too time consuming for you, don’t let it scare you from using the product, go ahead and shake as Valentia recommends, it’s just my personal preference in keeping the products strength.
- Use the dropper and drop the Vitamin C Serum onto your Facial Fingers… your facial fingers are the best fingers to use whenever you touch your face, it’s the middle finger and the finger next to your pinky finger.
- Gently apply the product to your face, neck and even your decollete (the upper part of your chest area).
- Let the product dry completely on your skin before you apply your moisturizer and makeup.
Now I have used this product, but not long enough to tell you what it does deep down inside my skin or tell you much about what it does to the surface of the skin… although I can say that it has helped reduce the appearance of my pores (remember that nothing truly reduces the size of your pores, but it can clean them out and make the appearance less noticeable).
This Vitamin C Serum isn’t in separate single use capsules. Why would I prefer that? Because Vitamin C needs to be handled with great care, avoid exposure to air as much as possible.
The Cost! Most of us wouldn’t be able to purchase the capsules with Vitamin C serum as the cost goes way up and you can (as long as your careful) get the same satisfaction with the dropper bottles for much less. The prices on Vitamin C Serums over 10% tend to be in the $70 to $200 range and when I picked up mine (At Amazon) it only cost $35! It’s on sale now, what a true bargain!
At 20% Vitamin C, this serum is stronger than most on the market.
I thank Valentia for entrusting me with this review, I love your product with the scent and what I’ve seen, so far, with my skin. Even my sensitive skin handled well with your product, no breakouts, no rawness and I love the way my moisturizers soak into my skin.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.